AlienWhoop flight controller for Tiny Whoop, Blade Inductrix, Eachine, BetaFPV, and other micro brushed quadcopter frames. Best in class flight controller running BetaFlight 3.4.
- Top performing ARM processor:
- High-performance ST Microelectronics ARM Cortex-M4 core F4 168 MHz CPU (safely overclocked to 216MHz)
- Top performing motion processor:
- Invensense MPU-6500 Six-Axis (Gyro + Accelerometer) low power consumption MEMS MotionTracking™ Device
- Latest BetaFlight firmware running the ALIENWHOOPF4 target
- Butterflight firmware supported (iNav under final testing)
- Overkill power MOSFETs capable of extreme brushed motor insanity (6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 8.5mm, and 10mm coreless scream)
- Multiple UARTs for receivers and other devices (e.g. LED strip, beeper)
- Dedicated UART with inverter for FrSky and Futaba SBUS
- UART pads on top conveniently located for SmartAudio VTX control
- Blackbox logging via onboard dataflash chip
Note: pilots must supply external receiver. Officially supporting FrSky XM, XM+, R-XSR (SBUS,F.PORT), LemonRX DSM2 and DSMX (SBUS), and FlySky FS-A8S (iBUS) satellites.
- 0.8mm 2oz Copper ENIG (gold) finish purple PCBs.
*Acknowledgements: AlienWhoop V2.1 is inspired by AlienFlight F3 Quad Brushed V1
** Back by popular demand we've refined the V2 with Blackbox, dedicated FrSky SBUS signal inverter, more UARTs, and easier to solder pads for the external receiver.
- Quick reference diagrams of board layout and functionality
- Pre-build suggestions and Pro-Tips
- Plan your build
- Know in advance which pads you need before you solder
- Basic build guide for the novice and pro alike
- Firmware and settings
- Note: It's important to try the stock settings, especially the PIDs and filters. They have been carefully selected to meet the challenge of optimizing whoop flight. Deviating from the suggested settings can cause unexpected flight behavior or fly-aways.
We'd love to participate in your build process. Join us on Discord to hang out and pick up tips from other pilots as you build and configure your AlienWhoop. Building alone can be very frustrating and confusing so do yourself a favor and join the community.
Motor and Propeller Mounting Diagram